- Providing oversight of the Piedmont Historical Collection’s artifacts, documents, and digital records.
- Providing public access to this collection for research and educational purposes.
- Continuing to collect and display historical information and artifacts relating to the Piedmont, SC, area of the upstate, including Anderson and Greenville Counties.
- Providing public access to this museum to promote understanding of Piedmont’s substantially important, local history.
- Publishing visual, oral, and written histories.
- Promoting the preservation of Piedmont history outside of the museum by placing state historical markers and other historical signage.
- Promoting the preservation of Piedmont’s historical sites and remaining structures.
- Planning and producing fund raising activities to ensure the monies needed for these projects are sufficient.
MAILINGS FOR FUNDING REQUESTS – Requesting funds for specific historical signage related to a place that certain people or groups would be interested in recognizing. Also, requesting money from supporters of the museum to donate money or artifacts to the society’s work there.
HISTORICAL TOURS – This activity would also support the purchase of historic signage.
SALES OF BOOKS, CALENDARS, ETC. – These items would be history texts or historical photographs to fund the collection of these for the museum.
FESTIVALS–Such a festival would be to support the preservation of historical Piedmont sites and provide funding for nominating it as a National Historic Site.
ARTS, CRAFTS AND ANTIQUES SHOWS AND AUCTIONS – These types of shows and auctions would be held in the historic Community Building for providing continuing maintenance of the building and the museum facility.
Projects Currently Identified
Continue Preservation Efforts in Museum
Purchase of the oldest YWCA in South Carolina as the future home of our museum, classrooms, and event venue is our goal for 2022.
Monthly meetings and development of a Speakers Bureau.